Saturday, July 26, 2008

big news....

just for those of you who don't know, i got a new job. i was offered the job of 6th grade science teacher at simonton elementary. i was hired on tuesday and started with district meetings on wednesday. needless to say, i have been busy beyond belief and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. i am so excited about this new opportunity. caleb and i will have the same schedule, for the most part, and troy will be with one of my good friends. it has been almost 7 years since i graduated college and am having to dig back in my brain to remember certain things. i actually get to put to use all the learning i paid for. if any of you have sixth graders this year, i'm their science teacher!

11 comments:

Mindy said...

congratulations! Brooke did leak it but it was because I asked how your family was doing...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again...I know you'll be a great teacher...don't be too mean..lol...Love ya, Kristy

amanda said...

That is so exciting! You are perfect for the 6th grade brats, I mean kids. jk. I am such a pushover. Well, I guess I can be mean, but I am not good at intimidation. Not that you are a school marm. Wow, how quickly a compliment can sound bad.
I am terrified of sending Samuel to school this year, but also excited. Was it hard for you when Caleb started?

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

That's exciting! Congrats and good luck! You'll do great!

The Curtis Family said...

How exciting Summer! Congrats and GOOD LUCK :).

Katie

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!
Brooke

Arnie's Place said...

TOO COOL!! Glad to hear your are excited about teaching. I have started teaching english at businesses in San Jose and I love it. My favorite job in the Navy was when I was an instructor.
How is Brandon doing with his helicopter training? Tell the boys hello for me.
Arnie

Chad~Nicole said...

You'll do great!

Melissa Gardner said...

summer i am so excited that you are tyler's science teacher.. i was so worried about them having to hire new teachers for 6th grade and it is a comfort to know you will be looking after and teaching my 6th grader.. he is almost as tall as me and will be 12 soon, but he is still our oldest and i worry, worry. you know how it is.
thanks for taking the job. i look forward to seeing you and rubbing shoulders at school with ya.

Tressa said...

Wow! Congratulations! You will do great!

Melodie said...

Congratulations Summer! That is so exciting! You'll be great. So will you just be teaching science like in a junior high and all the kids rotate through your class?