Monday, January 19, 2009

safety first

saturday was such a nice (hot) day that the boys decided to spend most of the day outside. brandon was doing various outdoor chores (finally taking down the christmas lights...sad i know) so the boys just played. i was cleaning inside when troy brought me caleb's bike helmet and wanted me to put it on his head. so i did and then followed him outside with the camera. obviously it is waaaay to big for his head (unfortunately caleb has a huge head that requires an adult sized helmet). troy was getting frustrated with it but decided that safety was more important. here he is riding his "bite" in nothing but a diaper and t-shirt. oh well, he had a blast!!








caleb also decided that he needed to wear his sunglasses to keep the bugs out of his eyes. his explanation: "i ride my bike sooo fast that it would be dangerous for a bug to hit my eyes."

7 comments:

Kristy Rodrick said...

You know, Caleb is right, it would be dangerous if a bug hit him in the eye..lol...I still can't get over how much Troy looks like your Dad...Love to you all.....

Brooke said...

look at that white trash baby in his diaper... I'd get Evan one of those big wheels if I knew he would ride it... I'm sure it would take off running down the street. That's a cute picture of Troy though... Caleb is to funny... you have to send him this way in the summer...

Brooke said...

oh and I like cody in the background... no one can fold up tighter than that kid!

Anonymous said...

Love it!! Your boys are too cute. Oh yeah & congrats on #3. Can't remember it I told you that already. Anyway. Love you & ttyl!!!

Mindy said...

Is that where Evan gets his noggin from? :)

Charity said...

I love how kids reason things out. I can't believe your kids can play outside without shoes. We got our heater fixed in the van yesterday...I was soooo glad.

jayandmeganlott said...

Congrats on baby #3. If it makes you feel better my tree is still up. The decor is off, but I haven't taken it down yet.