Sunday, March 15, 2009

a day at the phoenix zoo

i've been meaning to post these for a while i just never got around to it. we took the boys to the zoo back in february and they loved it! caleb had been before but, of course, troy hadn't. troy loved the "amals". here are some of our favorites.




























the zoo has this really cool exhibit called "stingray bay". for $3 each (the only draw back), you can go in and pet stingrays and sharks (don't remember what kind). caleb and brandon went in and loved it. caleb was a little scared at first (why do you think i didn't do it) but ended up with it being his favorite part. troy fell asleep so that gave me the perfect out ("no, i'll stay with troy. you guys go ahead and have all the fun."). here are some shots that brandon took.





here's my excuse for not going in...

we had a lot of fun! it had been too long since we had been able to do something as a family that everyone would enjoy. it was fun seeing the boys (all of them) have so much fun.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

About time!! Any name yet?? Mama

Summer said...

nope........caleb is pulling for davis.

Miranda said...

The last time we went to the zoo we were in San Diego and Todd was 2. I know what you mean about needing to get out and do something fun with the family. I hope everything is going well with baby #3. :o)

Melodie said...

Cute pictures. Don't feel bad D is 4 1/2 and still hasn't been to the zoo. I'm curious about the stingray tank but I'm not sure I would be brave enough.

amanda said...

Hey Summer! We have been dying to go to the zoo. Maybe I will copy you. I don't think I would have the guts to pet the sting ray either. My kids are all talk anyway. I'd pay the 3 bucks each, and then they wouldn't even go near. Hope you're feeling good!

Brooke said...

troy's hair is such a pretty color...

Unknown said...

Come on you guys....you gotta pet the sting rays! They actually feel really cool, but I'll admit I was nervous at first. Lauren loves things like that too. I was thinking the same thing as Brooke...I love Troy's hair!

Charity (I'm on my dad's computer)

Mindy said...

I loved petting the rays at the living planet aquarium.. my girls were too scared :) I keep forgetting that Troy and Evan are so close.. I think Troy should still be as small as he was this last summer...

Anonymous said...

Still can't believe you buzzed Troy's hair!!! Mama