Friday, May 30, 2008

a week of "lasts"....

okay, so i'm a little behind yet again....baseball and school are now over. caleb had his last baseball game on the 17th and his last day of school was the 23rd.

first the baseball game...it has been amazing to see the improvement that caleb has made since his first day of practice. he has really grown to love the game of baseball. he made a lot of new friends and "reconnected" with some old teammates. (i say old like they've lived a life time...they're only 6 or 7, oh well)






troy became quite a handful at the games. he would try and run to brandon when he was out on the field or try to snack on some left behind treats. thank goodness for the concession stand and red vines (red licorice for those who don't know)...yes that is what is on his face. he ate about 15 of them all by himself that last day. that was the only way we could get him to sit and stay in the shade. good trade if you ask me...sugar high vs. sunburned baby...i'll take sugar high any day.


now for school...who would have thought that it would be cold and raining on the last day of school...in may in arizona no less? well it was and did and it was NICE!!! we (the parents) had a little party for the kids and they sang songs to pass the time..not much else to do. they had an honors assembly. caleb was awarded student of the month for march. i was proud, he didn't have a clue nor did he care. mrs. king was his teacher and she was great. caleb thought the world of her!






so we made it through kindergarten...first grade here we come.....

6 comments:

Chad~Nicole said...

Troy and I have something in common. I love Red Vines too.

Mindy said...

glad to see a new post... i've missed you! mmm... red vines... i am re-thinking my bed-time treat.

Charity said...

I'm with Troy....red vines...yummmm! Much better than baseball. :) Just bought a bag this week.

Charity said...

Can't wait to see you and the boys!

Katie and Josh Johnson said...

Hey Summer Maybe you'll remember me. I was your visiting teacher right before you had your new one.
I think we moved like a week or so before you had him. He is adorable! So happy for you guys! Anyway we also had our baby in October-another boy. I saw your blog and thought I'd say hi! Come visit my blog and see pics of our new little Jared.

amanda said...

Oh my gosh! Look at Caleb! He is so big! I clicked next blog up at the top to show Collin that I always German blogs, but I hit an LDS couple and then I saw a link to Summer & Brandon, and thought, "Maybe", and it was y'all! Amazing! Check out my blog, though it won't tell you much about what we are doing.