Monday, March 10, 2008

can you please just tell me?

last night as we were driving home, i reminded caleb that he has this baseball team meeting this afternoon. he said that he didn't want to play because he was afraid of getting hurt. so brandon started in with the discussion about not being afraid to get hurt because the pain only lasts for a little while, yada yada yada. the "be a man" talk. then we started giving examples of things we do even though it hurts but may be fun (brandon again) or for other reasons.

okay so here is where i opened a can of worms (way to go me). i asked caleb if he wanted more brothers or sisters and he said yes. i proceeded to tell him that if i was afraid of hurting that i wouldn't have any more kids. luckily, he doesn't know about wonderful drugs but back to my story..... i figured that would be the end of our discussion. well, as we were getting out of the car he asked "mommy can you please just tell me how mommies get babies out of their tummies?" (like i have been intentionally avoiding his question) my brain goes into overdrive, what am i going to tell him? okay, sometimes doctor's have to cut babies out of some mommy's bellies and (as the garage door was closing, it's really loud) that's why girls have different "bums" than boys, they push them out of their bums. i answered his question and he didn't hear a word of it....mission accomplished!!! right???

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Perfect answer! I just keep A Baby Story on the kitchen t.v. and none of my kids have ever had to ask me that question, they have seen it. I don't know if that is wrong or right, but I don't have to explain much to them.

Anonymous said...

This is one time that I'm thankful I had to have a C-section...now I can just say they cut them out of your stomach...lol...

Charity said...

Boy, sounds like we both had curious little kids this weekend.

Tressa said...

I'm never quite sure how much information to tell my kids when they start asking questions....it freaked Maddie out though when I told her that my sister had to have her babies cut out of her tummy, she prefers my other answer.

Chad~Nicole said...

Thanks for clearing that up. I always wondered how it happened.